Need a DEVICE, FREE INTERNET, or FREE MEALS? (click the triangle to expand)
- NEED A DEVICE? AXIS Remote Learning is accessible through a smartphone, tablet, or laptop. Through our Home Technology Access Survey and through staff follow up, we have connected with every AXIS family about their needs. If your technology needs have changed since the survey, please let your teachers know or email info@AXIScolroado.org. We are here to help!
- NEED FREE OR AFFORDABLE INTERNET?
- Free One Hour Xfinity Hot Spot Access
- FCC agreement stating that providers will waive late fees, not cut off service for lack of payment, and open hot-spots.
- Check out the Internet Essentials plan from Comcast. New Internet Essentials customers will receive two free months of Internet service, which is available to all qualified low-income households for $9.95/month plus tax. Apply by April 30, 2020.
- Charter Free Internet offer for two months.
- AT&T offers open hot-spots, unlimited data to existing customers, and $10/month plans.
- Verizon: No special offers, but following the FCC agreement.
- Sprint follows FCC agreement, provides unlimited data to existing customers, and will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
- T-Mobile follows FCC agreement, plus unlimited data to existing customers; and, coming soon, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
- NEED FREE LUNCHES FOR CHILDREN?
- Key Highlights
- Quick Summary
- All the Details
- Intervention, Student Services (Special Education), and English Learner (EL) Supports
- Your child will need a device (tablet, smart phone, or laptop). See HOME TECHNOLOGY ACCESS survey and AFFORDABLE WIFI below.
- There is flexibility built in and total recommended student time commitment is 4 days a week, ~3 hours a day, which can vary by grade. We will share other curated resources if you would like increase the number of days or hours.
- The focus is on participation and connecting.
- We kindly ask for your flexibility and patience as we all work to pilot remote learning.
- AXIS Remote Learning is a blended model using e-learning and material learning.
- E-Learning includes viewing two daily 15-minute pre-recorded lessons and joining two "Class Connects," 20-minute live sessions where teachers and classmates connect via video chat.
- 20-minute Class Connects occur Tuesday through Friday between 10:30am-12:30pm and 3:00pm-4:30pm.
- Material learning includes hard copy materials picked up at AXIS on Fridays or Mondays between 11:00am-1:00pm, please email info@AXIScolorado.org for more info. See Pick Up procedures in All the Details below.
- Material learning includes some independent work. For younger students, this is enhanced with a family member or older sibling guiding them.
- If your child receives special services or English Language Learner services, a staff member will be reaching out to you directly to schedule small group support time via video conference.
- Home Technology Access Survey. AXIS staff contacted all families that answered "no" to one or both questions or did not complete the survey. We have many devices on loan to families. If your needs change at any time, please email info@AXIScolorado.org.
- NEED AFFORDABLE WIFI? Check out the Internet Essentials plan from Comcast. New Internet Essentials customers will receive two free months of Internet service, which is available to all qualified low-income households for $9.95/month plus tax. Apply by April 30, 2020.
Quick Summary of Steps
- View the Class Connect schedule
- Select a time for your child to join one of the two 20-minute Class Connect for their English class (real-time connection with their teacher and classmates).
- Select a time for your child to join one of the two 20-minute Class Connect for their Partner Language class.
All the Details
- Pre-recorded video lessons
- Online live teacher-students chat sessions called “Class Connect”
- record video lessons via Zoom
- share links to the video lessons in weekly lesson plan linked in AXIS Class Matrix
- view video lessons on the recommended day
- complete paper-based learning materials aligned with the video lessons
- complete other teacher-assigned online learning videos or practice
- offer two daily scheduled blocks of live class time
- during this time teachers
- deliver a mini-lesson
- check in and engage with students
- answer student/family questions
- provide answers to worksheets
- take attendance
- select one of the scheduled English live class (Class Connect) times each day to engage with their English teacher and classmates
- select one of the scheduled Partner Language Class Connect times each day to engage with their Partner Language teacher and classmates (students may join both times if they would like)
- interact with each their English and Partner Language teacher to
- participate in a mini-lesson
- check in and engage with teacher and classmates
- ask questions
- have their attendance logged
- Material Learning: During this piece students use the tangible, paper-based learning materials teachers sent home with students in take home folders. Family members, including older siblings, can help guide children during these pieces of the lesson plan. Teachers will also email answers to independent work, and we encourage family members to review these with students. Remember we think about mistakes as learning opportunities - a chance to grow our brain! If your child does not get the answer right, that is a sign they need some support.
- March 26th and March 27th: 11:00am-1:00pm
- Beginning March 30th Mondays and Fridays ONLY 11:00am-1:00pm
- Student medications that are kept at school
- Student learning materials directed for pick up by the teacher (i.e. class materials, workbooks, etc.)
- Devices for remote learning
- Free meals for youth under 18 years
- Email Jenny Whitaker at least 24 hours in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org, and state the item(s) you would like to pick up and the day/time you will pick them up (within the pick-up time-frame above).
- You will receive a confirmation email from Jenny stating when your items will be available for you.
- Items will be placed at the lunch pick-up line at the school. Please drive through the line and be prepared to give them your student's last name.
Student Services, English Learner (EL) Supports, Gifted and Talented and Intervention Supports
UPDATED Class Connect Schedule: Tuesday - Friday 10:30-12:30 and 3:00-4:30 WILL NEED PASSWORD (see Text/Newsletter)
Contacting AXIS During Campus Closure and Remote Learning Tech Support
AXIS 3Rs for Remote Learning: Respect, Responsibility, and Relationships
- Try to set them up with a quiet space with little to no distractions (we know it can be hard, and you may consider letting them borrow your earbuds/earphones/headphones with a microphone).
- Have your child place all of their learning materials, paper, and pencils near them.
- Help them close all other programs or apps on their devices and make sure the device is charged.
Can you help us CROWDSOURCE some Remote Learning Opportunities?
UPDATED Sample Schedule