Working at AXIS International Academy and Preschool
AXIS is passionate about student learning. We seek teachers who will expertly develop student knowledge, skills, and language (English and Spanish, Mandarin, or French). We select staff who believe strongly in our values, mission, and educational philosophy. We value diversity across all areas, and we are an equal opportunity employer. Please read our AXIS Vision for Teachers to learn more.
As a charter school we offer a unique opportunity for teachers to be leaders in and outside their classroom and in our community at large, without the bureaucracy and ancillary paperwork found in other public schools. We seek teachers who love to teach, but who also love to learn. Our teachers are innovators and are committed professionals who like to implement best practices to accelerate student learning in two languages. We value and incorporate teacher feedback into our school decisions. Our staff culture is supportive, collaborative, and diligent. We offer individualized professional development opportunities to help our teachers grow their own skills and accomplish their short-term and long-term professional goals. Our teachers thrive in an international work environment right here in Fort Collins, Colorado.
The information below is primarily targeted to teachers and assistants, but we are seeking additional staff members for which the competencies and hiring process are similar. To view current job opportunities, see below. Please note, an application will not be considered until all components are received. AXIS accepts applications throughout the year for all faculty, staff, and substitute positions, regardless of whether a specific position has been posted, as jobs periodically become available.
AXIS Seeks Talented and Dedicated Staff Members
To ensure we reach our AXIS International Academy vision and mission, we seek teachers and academic assistants who:
- Share a passion for children, for the teaching profession, and for the AXIS mission.
- Model AXIS values - respect, empathy, honesty, integrity, responsibility, perseverance, and cooperation.
- Believe in synergy, collective impact, and collaboration.
- Set high expectations and commit to continuous improvement.
- Display strong organizational, planning, and time-management abilities.
- Provide a nurturing, structured, and learning-centered classroom environment.
- Possess knowledge and apply evidence-based practices in instructional planning and delivery.
- Seek to master and apply AXIS foundational frameworks and AXIS mission-aligned curriculum.
- Exhibit excellent communication skills and ability to build strong relationships with students, colleagues, and parents.
Please read our AXIS Vision for Teachers to learn more.
Current Job Opportunities
To view current job openings, see below. Additionally, AXIS is always accepting applications for substitute teachers (Bachelor's Degree required for K-5 and not for preschool level), substitute Preschool Director, and substitute assistants, apply here. As mentioned above, AXIS accepts applications on an ongoing basis. We also always welcome volunteers. To volunteer at the school-site you must register and pass a background check prior to volunteering.
Please see below for links to current AXIS job openings posted on Indeed.com. Please note, you must apply to AXIS directly through our employment application, or through the Paylocity Application at the steps outlined at the top of this webpage. Applying directly on Indeed.com is NOT a part of our job application process.
Our Hiring Process
Our Hiring Process
The first step in the application process includes the submission of our online application in Paylocity where you will complete an application, upload a resume and letter of intent:
- Paylocity Application
- Demo lesson or observation or video of your teaching. This can be a lesson about anything. Pretend you are teaching to elementary students, you choose the grade, subject, and objective. Use this outline for your video:
- Greet us!
- State your name.
- Share the grade level you are targeting with your lesson.
- Share the subject area and lesson objective (choose something you enjoy, doesn't even have to be academic, can be how to tie your shoe).
- Teach your lesson.
- Candidates may be asked to complete important, quick assessments on Indeed.com and share these results with AXIS.
An application may not be considered until all items are received.
AXIS will confirm receipt of the items above. If AXIS decides to move forward in the process with the applicant, next steps may include:
- Phone conversation with AXIS Team Member.
- Partner Language Screening (for Mandarin, French, or Spanish teacher applicants): This screening is a 15-minute phone call to verify native-like language proficiency based on the ACTFL Proficiency Guidelines. The call will take place with a member of the AXIS Teacher Recruitment, Hiring, Development, and Evaluation Committee who is also a native-like speaker of the partner language. AXIS strives to hire teachers with language proficiency levels at or above "Advanced-Mid.” If additional information is needed to verify the candidate's language proficiency, the candidate may provide evidence of proficiency through completion of a third-party assessment (i.e. Oral Proficiency Interview or OPI test, etc.).
- Invitation to teach a lesson at AXIS.
- Panel interview by AXIS members to assess evidence and fit based on the AXIS mission and teacher competencies. The interview typically lasts 45-60 minutes and includes 3-5 members from the AXIS team, the AXIS Board, AXIS parents, and members of the AXIS Teacher Recruitment, Hiring, Development, and Evaluation Committee.
- Calls to references may occur at any time throughout the process, and AXIS may choose to contact other work references not listed on your application.
Additional Offer and Application Details
The following information will be collected from applicants through the application process:
Education and Transcripts: For teaching and substitute teaching positions Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accepted institution of higher education are required. AXIS will request official transcripts of selected applicants be sent to [email protected] or 2130 W. Horsetooth Rd. Fort Collins, CO 80526.
Licensure: The appropriate State license is required for some teaching positions at AXIS including for preschool teachers and special education/student services positions. A license is not required of applicants seeking to teach kindergarten through 5th grade general education, but talent and related experience is required.
Work Experience and References: Experience in education, language, or child development-related field, and strong references to attest to work experience. References listed maybe contacted at any point in the process. Please be advised that AXIS may choose to contact work references other than those listed on your application.
Self-Disclosure: Colorado law requires applicants disclose all misdemeanor and/or felony criminal convictions including those based on a plea of no contest and any deferred judgements or deferred sentences, except for misdemeanor traffic offenses and/or traffic infractions (DUI, careless driving, speeding, etc.).
If an offer of employment is made, the selected applicant will need to comply with these conditions of employment:
Background Check: All offers of employment are conditional to a successful background and references check. Selected applicant will submit fingerprints to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) View Fingerprinting Instructions. Additional requirements for those teaching at the preschool level.
Valid Identification: Selected applicant must possess valid form of government-issued identification. If you are using a photo ID issued by another state or country, please carefully review the identification requirements as additional documents will be needed. View List of Valid IDs
Drug-Free Workplace: Selected applicant must comply with the Colorado State Board of Education’s Drug-Free Workplace policy.
Work Eligibility: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Additional Conditions: Most positions are not eligible for compensatory time for additional hours beyond 40 worked within the week. Selected applicant is an employee at will. Direct deposit of paychecks is required.
Employment forms for hired employees can be found here. Information about Colorado PERA (Public Employees' Retirement Association. More general information about PERA can be read at COPERA.org. PERA benefits are a formula set by State law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
AXIS International Academy and Preschool provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.