Pick Up / Drop Off Procedures
- Green Door: All AXIS families who have a preschooler, kindergarten or 1st grader will drop off and pick up at our Green (South door). For families who have multiple children enrolled (i.e. a 5th grader and a kindergartener), you will drop off at the Green door if your youngest student is preschool, kinder or 1st grade.
- Yellow Door: AXIS families who have only 2nd-5th graders enrolled at AXIS will use the Yellow Door. Yellow door families may follow the arrows above to avoid going through the Green Door line.
- All families who would like to walk their student to class must park in the "Park and Walk" parking lot for both pick up and drop off. If that parking lot is full, you may park along the curb just west of our field in addition to parking on the curb on Bronson Street.
- All Park and Walk families (pick up and drop off) will gather inside the preschool playground. It is important that all parents pick up and drop off inside the preschool playground gates as the west driveway will be busy with thru-traffic.
- Park and Walk: Drop Off
- Park and Walk families will walk their child inside the preschool gates and staff will begin welcoming students into the school at 7:50am. If you arrive early, you may wait on the preschool playground, or wait in your car. Before Care is also available for students needing to be dropped off before 7:50am (see below for more information about before care)
- At 7:50am, Preschool Staff members will welcome our preschoolers via the two east preschool doors, and our K-5 staff will welcome our K-5 students through the Southeast (cafeteria) preschool playground door.
- Park and Walk: Pick Up
- We ask all Park and Walk families to arrive no earlier than 3:10 pm to allow the CEC traffic to clear.
- Park and Walk families will park in the Park and Walk parking lot and walk down the west side of the building to enter through the preschool playground gates. Parents will wait inside the preschool playground along the outside walls of the school until school release time at at 3:10.
- Please bring your car placard that displays your child's last name (if you do not have one, we will get one to you) and have ready to display to staff.
- Students will be released at 3:10 and an AXIS staff member will direct your child to meet you at the preschool playground.
- Please be extra cautious when walking your child back to your car as the west side of the building will be busy with three lanes of exiting traffic.
- Park and Walk: Drop Off
- Safety is our #1 Priority!
- No phone usage while in a moving vehicle.
- Drive slowly.
- Watch out for children who walk home and ride their bikes.
- AXIS Parking lot is One Way
- Always enter AXIS from Silver Trails Drive (road west of AXIS).
- Always exit AXIS onto Bronson (road north of AXIS) during drop off and pick up hours (7:30-8:10 and 2:30-3:30).
Student Drop Off (7:50-7:55am) Procedures
AXIS International Academy Student Drop Off (7:40-7:55 am)
Two Options: 1) Park and Walk or 2) Use Drop Off/Pick Up Lane
Parents/Guardians may choose to park in the south/front lot and walk to drop off/pick up child in the cafeteria or participate in the drive through drop off/pick up line on the westside of the building. If you have a kindergartener, preschooler, or homeschooler, we encourage you to park in the parking lot and walk your child to the cafeteria the first day to few weeks. You are welcome to always park and walk to drop off/pick up your child.
Parents/Guardians who choose to park and walk their child into the building, need to check in/show ID at the front office prior to entering the cafeteria. AXIS uses the Raptor system which requires every visitor to present photo ID and scan it in our system, which conducts a quick background check. After your first visit you will be given a badge. Please always bring your badge with you. Each day these parents will be able to show their badge at the front office to save time.
Afternoon Dismissal (3:10pm)
Student Safety at Pick Up Time
Each child will have a backpack tag they will receive the first week of school. This should be attached to the top backpack loop. This will include their first and last name, grade, language and morning teacher.
Within the first week of school each family will receive two pick up signs with their last name that should be displayed on the right side of the front dash each day during pick up.
The pick up line is open from 3:00-3:10. As families pull through the pick up line, AXIS staff will use two-way radios to call for the students. AXIS Staff will send out children, and AXIS staff will escort children from cafeteria out the west cafeteria doors to meet their grown ups.
After School Options: AXIS After Care and AXIS Enrich
AXIS After Care is available for registered students 3:10-5:30pm.
AXIS Enrich is 3:20-4:15pm (see AXIScolorado.org website, search "Enrich").
Mid-Day Pick-Up Process (Elementary and Preschool)
Raptor Identification Process for All visitors