AXIS Home School Program
AXIS International Academy is a tuition-free public school committed to offering language learning opportunities to students in grades Kindergarten through 6th grade throughout our Northern Colorado community. We value parents’ right to choose an educational program that best fits the needs of their student(s), which may include home schooling for some families.
AXIS is committed to respecting different languages and cultures. We encourage parents to read our AXIS mission and educational philosophy before enrolling. Join us for a parent info session! We also offer staff support to home schooling families.
- One day each week your child attends a special language class for homeschoolers where they can learn Mandarin Chinese or Spanish with an AXIS Partner Language teacher.
- While onsite your child also participates in specials classes: PE, Music or STEM.
- Your child will have the opportunity to participate in the Winter Festival and Science Fair if you so choose.
- You receive free high-quality learning materials in the Partner Language (directly from their partner language teacher) and in English (by using Core Knowledge Language Arts curriculum that is aligned with our standard school curriculum).
- You will also receive free access to our AXIS online learning platforms:
- You can access one of our AXIS specialists for support using these materials/curricula, please contact Elisa Welch for details at [email protected]
- We also offer you the choice for support with the state-required assessment for homeschooling families in grades 3, 5, and 7.
- Students can participate in the AXIS school lunch program or bring a lunch.
- Students can also participate in the AXIS fee-based afterschool program and enrichment classes: AXIS Enrich (Tae Kwon Do, Dance, Music, Lego Robotics, etc.).
AXIS offers a supportive language learning home school enrichment program for students. The home school program is held at AXIS International Academy located at 2700 S. Lemay Ave, Fort Collins, CO 80525 (inside the Clearwater Church building). AXIS is a CSI-authorized school and accepts students from across Colorado residing in any Colorado school district. Students are unable to be enrolled in more than one public school home school program, which includes Poudre School District Options. To declare your interest in our home school program, please complete an Initial Student Application.
Letter of Intent to Home School
Pursuant to Colorado law, parents who wish to begin home schooling must provide written notification of the establishment of the home school program 14 days before beginning the home school program to a Colorado school district. The written notification must include the name, age, place of residence, and number of attendance hours for each child that will be participating in the home school program. Written notification must be re-submitted to a Colorado school district each year.
The home school enrichment will be taught by a teacher who possesses native-like proficiency in the language and has prior teaching experience in teaching a variety of ages. The teacher will also be able to effectively communicate with parents in English. These teachers will have passed a background check and meet state requirements.
Sample Classroom Day
8:30-8:45 Whole group greeting; class community building
10:00-10:20 Outdoor play/recess
10:20-11:00 Whole group lesson
11:00-11:30 Lunch + Recess
11:30-12:00 Whole group lesson
12:55-3:00 Small group differentiation and Specials (Science, PE or Music)
Additional Details on Program Differentiation
Optional Assessment of Language Proficiency
Program Goals and Content and Classroom Setting