Home School Enrichment
AXIS International Academy is a tuition-free public school committed to offering language learning opportunities to students in grades Kindergarten through 5th grade throughout our Northern Colorado community. We value parents’ choice to choose an educational program that best fits the needs of their child(ren), which may include home schooling for some families. AXIS is committed to respecting different languages and cultures. We encourage parents to read our AXIS mission and educational philosophy before enrolling. Join us for a parent info session! We also offer staff support to home schooling families.
- Your child can learn a second language for free!
- One day each week your child attends a special language class for homeschoolers where they can learn Spanish or Mandarin Chinese with an AXIS Home School Partner Language teacher.
- While onsite your child will also participate in specials classes: PE, Music, Art, where they will be a part of our Fall and Winter World Festivals and performances, if you choose so.
- You receive free high-quality learning materials in the Partner Language and in English:
- You will also receive free access to our AXIS online learning platforms:
- You can access one of our AXIS specialists for support using these materials/curricula.
- We also offer you the choice for support with the state-required assessment for home schooling families in grades 3, 5, and 7.
- Students can also participate in the AXIS school lunch program or bring a lunch.
- Students can also participate in the AXIS fee-based afterschool program and enrichment classes: AXIS Enrich (Tae Kwon Do, Dance, Music, Lego Robotics, etc.)
- We welcome you to be a part of our larger AXIS school community and join us for our fun and educational events.
AXIS offers a supportive language learning home school enrichment program for students. The home school program is held at AXIS International Academy located at 2130 W. Horsetooth Road, Fort Collins, CO 80526, near Horsetooth Road and Taft Hill Road. AXIS is a CSI-authorized school and accepts students from across Colorado residing in any Colorado school district. Students are unable to be enrolled in more than one public school home school program, which includes Poudre School District Options. The AXIS program is capped at 12 students to ensure the teacher can differentiate instruction for all ages and language levels of students. You can read more about the program below.
- Tuesdays - Mandarin Home School Enrichment
- Thursdays - Spanish Home School Enrichment
How to Enroll
If you are interested, please complete our Initial Student Application If a spot is available, you will be sent our Accepted Student Enrollment Form via email. Should you need a paper or Spanish language copy, please email info@AXIScolorado.org. Once the Accepted Student Enrollment Form has been sent, that spot will be held for 48 hours, please complete and return the form in this time frame. Often, a time extension can be granted if you communicate with us and request it.
The home school enrichment will be taught by a teacher who possesses native-like proficiency in the language and has prior teaching experience in teaching a variety of ages. The teacher will also be able to effectively communicate with parents in English. These teachers will have passed a background check and meet state requirements.
Sample Classroom Day
8:15-8:45 Whole group greeting; class community building
10:00-10:20 Outdoor play/recess
10:20-11:00 Whole group lesson
11:45-11:30 Lunch + Recess
11:30-12:00 Whole group lesson
12:55-3:00 Small group differentiation and Specials (Art, PE or Music)
Additional Details on Program Differentiation
Optional Assessment of Language Proficiency
Program Goals and Content and Classroom Setting