Health Office

To read more about what AXIS is doing in response to COVID-19, please click here

The Health Inventory Form should be completed for each new student enrolled during the school year; the form should be updated if there are changes for current students. Students with any medical condition must complete a Health Inventory Form each year while attending AXIS. The Health Inventory Form does not require a physician’s signature and is not considered a Physical Form.

2020-21 Health Inventory Form  

AXIS encourages families to use the following Guidelines from Children’s Hospital ColoradoHow Sick is Too Sick? Illness Policy for Parents when deciding whether to keep your child home or send to school.  

AXIS policy regarding communicable disease is based on the desire that your child recovers as quickly as possible and doesn't expose other students to the illness. In general, if you are unsure whether or not to send your child to school, you should keep your child home and call your health care provider for advice. Also, please let the school know if you do discover that your child has a communicable disease or serious illness. 


AXIS follows the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment (CDPHE) Guidelines for Infectious Disease in School Settings. Click here to view this document. Remember these are just guidelines, and AXIS has the right to increase these guidelines for the protection of our whole community. 


Please be advised that: 

  • Immunization requirements will be strictly enforced for all school children. 
  • Children who do not meet the requirements listed below will be denied admission to school, according to current Colorado Revised Statutes. All students must submit a completed Certificate of Immunization or Exemption upon enrollment. 


You must provide one of the following to your child's school in order to comply with the law: 

  • An Up-to-Date Certificate of Immunization from a licensed physician or authorized representative of the department of health or local health department certifying that your child has received immunization against communicable diseases as specified by the State Health Department; or 
  • Statement of Exemption to Immunization Law is printed on the reverse side of the Colorado Immunization Certificate; 
    • Medical exemption signed by licensed physician stating that the child's physical condition is such that immunizations would endanger life or health; 
    • Religious exemption signed by parent or guardian or emancipated child that he/she adheres to a religious belief whose teachings are opposed to immunizations; 
    •  Personal exemption signed by parent or guardian or emancipated child that he/she adheres to a personal belief opposed to immunizations. 

All immunization reports need to be turned in to the Front Office. 

As required by Colorado law, a primary caregiver is permitted to administer medical marijuana in a non-smokeable form (including CBD or Cannabidiol oil) to a student on school property and at school or school-sponsored activities and events in accordance with the terms and conditions in the Medical Marijuana section of the Parent Handbook

If it is necessary for a student to take prescription medicine at school or a school-sponsored activity, it must be furnished in the original pharmacy labeled container. The student’s name, name of the medicine, dosage, name of prescribing health care provider, date prescription was filled and expiration date must be printed on the medicine container’s pharmacy label. 

Prescription medicine shall be administered only by a school nurse, when required by law, or by an AXIS employee to whom the nurse has properly delegated this task as authorized under the Nurse Practice Act (hereinafter the “nurse’s designee”), except with respect to asthma, food allergy and anaphylaxis health management, in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth below. Each nurse’s designee shall be approved by the head of school. Prescription medicine shall be administered by school personnel only in accordance with written authorization and directions signed by the prescribing health care provider (which authorization and directions shall not include the pharmacy label on the medicine container). Depending on the circumstances and subject to approval and the required delegation by the school nurse, the required written authorization and directions may be incorporated as part of a student Health Plan, Section 504 Plan, IEP, or authorization for extended field trip or other school-sponsored activity. 

If your child has a medical condition that requires them to take medication during school hours, or requires an emergency action plan for allergies, asthma, or seizures, please have the applicable form filled out by your child's healthcare provider. The forms can be found at the bottom of this page, and must be up to date and signed for the 2019-2020 school year.